Muscle Car Restorations - Employment
Work in a clean well equipped shop with attractive salary and benefit package, along with incredible growth potential. Leadership positions available for mature skilled applicants. Four and a half day work week!
Current Job Openings:
Automotive Metal Fabricator
Muscle Car Restoration (MCR) is seeking a full time skilled metal fabricator to join our staff of expert craftsman in the metal shop. MCR is a high end shop performing full custom restoration and service work on a wide range of vehicle makes, models, and years.
- Title: Automotive Metal Fabricator
- Number of Openings: 1
- Duration/Usual Hours per Week: Full-Time, 40 Hours per Week Minimum Monday-Friday.
- Compensation: Competitive and based on experience and qualifications.
Experience, Qualifications, Requirements:
- 2-year or 4-year automotive degree with real-life experience preferred. Or 4 years experience in automotive welding and/or fabrication.
- Drivers License: Class D-Driver license required with clean driving record.
- Age: No Age Requested
- Minimum Educational Requirement: High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. continuously
- Must own set of required tools
- Would Be A Plus: Associate degree or higher
Job duties including but not limited to:
- Automotive body panel replacement including structural components reassembled straight and welded as factory.
- Ability to align panels, doors and fenders to achieve a flowing car body with even gaps.
- Shaping patch panels, some custom metal, real understanding of shape: know how to make shape in a panel or patch that flows properly
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Fit and weld replacement parts into place, using wrenches and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools.
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal-cutting guns, air grinders and wrenches, and install replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Remove small pits and dimples in body metal using pick hammers and punches.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle bodies and fenders.
- Mix polyester resins and hardeners to be used in restoring damaged areas.
- Welding Primarily MIG, sheet metal, and light structural
- Box and pan brake
- Shrinker Stretcher
- Planishing Hammer or English Wheel
- Drill press
- Would be a plus: TIG welding proficiency, mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum
- Would be a plus: Substantial previous auto body repair experience
Ideal Candidates Display:
- Detail oriented, all fabrication, welding finishing and panel fitment must be top notch requiring a bare minimum of body work.
- Good mechanical aptitude for automotive assembly and disassembly, test fitting mechanical components including engine, drivetrain, doors and window regulators etc.
- Passion for and extensive knowledge of vintage domestic cars.
- Attention to detail
- Results Orientated, high standard of performance
- An ability to adapt to a wide variety of tasks
- A focus on Customer Service
- Positive attitude and able to relate to others in an open, friendly, accepting manner
- Insurance: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Leave and Holidays: Sick Leave, Personal Leave, Vacation, Paid Holidays
- Retirement & Financial: Retirement, 401K Plan
- Competitive salary
- Four and a half day work week
- Professional / friendly work environment
Muscle Car Restorations, Inc. is looking to hire a full-time skilled assembly technician to work in our assembly/service department. The ideal candidate will have extensive hands-on assembly and service experience along with a love of classic automobiles.
The Assembly/Service Technician position will require performing complete assembly and servicing of vehicles. Duties include: full vehicle assembly, performance testing, final inspection and record keeping, along with diagnostics and repair.
Additional duties as an assembly technician will require performing assembly and rebuilding of major driveline components. Duties include: Engine upgrades along with carburetor and fuel injections system installation and tuning. Rebuild and assembly of manual transmission, driveshaft, differential, and hub assemblies. Driveline performance testing and tuning on both the street and on in-house chassis dynamometer.
Required skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years experience in service/repair
- 1-2 year Automotive Technical Degree or related. High School Diploma/GED Equivalent required. ASE certification a plus
- Class D – Driver license required with clean driving record.
- Class A – Commercial driver license (CDL) desired.
- Extensive hands-on knowledge and experience with assembling and servicing classic automotive powertrains, fuel delivery, coolant, brake and suspension systems.
- Engine and accessories
- Valve train, ignitions, accessory drives, etc.
- Fuel Delivery, both carburetion and fuel injections systems
- Transmission, automatic and manual rebuilds
- Drive shafts and differentials
- Wheel and hub assembly
- Experience with aftermarket fuel injections systems and tuning a plus (Holley and/or Fast).
- Experience with 3rd party automotive diagnostic tools (Scan tools, Oscilloscopes (Pico), Data/Brake Loggers (Aim, Vericom))
- General knowledge of automotive electrical wiring, plumbing, and limited fabrication.
- Good basic computer skills, Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.
- Employee to supply a complete set of hand tools
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. continuously.
- Full-time position, 40 hrs/week with option of overtime. (Half day on Fridays)
- Wages will be based on qualifications and experience
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vacation and Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
We invite everyone passionate about classic cars and their restorations, skilled in any of its many facets, to send in their resumes. Expanding our existing crew of expert craftsman is a major part of our plan for continual growth, and critical in maintaining our position as a premier restoration company. Positions we are always excited to see new resumes for include:
- Metal Fabricators
- Body & Paint Technicians
- Assembly Technicians
- Upholstery Technicians
We encourage you to send your resume.
Your name and information will be kept strictly
confidential. To send us your resume, please choose
one of two methods:
This is our preferred method for receiving
your resume! E-mails are acceptable methods for
sending draft resumes, but, please follow our
instructions carefully. We ask that you "copy
and paste" your resume and cover letter into
an e-mail message as plain text, rather than "attaching"
these as attached files. Please, put the position you seek in the title or subject line of the e-mail.
Be sure and include all of the standard resume vital
information, such as address, telephone, specific
educational & employment history, desired
position, etc. Note, please do not e-mail your
resume to us more than once unless your address changes.
We look forward to reviewing your background.
Please send your resume to this address: email@example.com
2) POSTAL Mail
Simply send your resume to the address below.
As always, please include a note or cover letter
describing the type of job or new position
you would be interested in.
Muscle Car Restorations, Inc.
11371 20th Ave.
Chippewa Falls, WI. 54729